If this is true, then “lather, rinse, repeat” has taken a new meaning. Deadline has a blog piece on their website that caught my attention and it’s quite fascinating. Comcast’s takeover of MSNBC will be finalized next week. What nobody writes about, is the additional job cut that happened this past week:
Olbermann’s exit follows yesterday’s departure of NBC primetime president Angela Bromstad in a housecleaning there.
But word has been circulating for months now that the new owners have wanted to “tinker” with MSNBC and had many changes in store, including a right turn for the left-wing cable channel so that it represents both political points of view more evenly. It is well known that both Comcast chief Brian Roberts and NBCU chief Steve Burke have donated heavily to the Republican party with Burke more recently donating money to a few Democrats as well as heavily to Republicans. Roberts was a co-chairman of the host committee at the 2000 Republican Convention while Burke raised at least $200,000 for George W Bush’s re-election campaign.
You know what this means: BLAME BOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!!
- Olberman Leaves MSNBC [Greg Laden's Blog] (scienceblogs.com)
- Keith Olberman Abruptly Leaves MSNBC (buzzfeed.com)
- WHY in the WORLD did MSNBC Fire Olberman? (pbenjay.wordpress.com)
- Speculating on why Keith Olberman – Look no further than Comcast Bushite (iflizwerequeen.com)
- “Olberman Departs” and related posts (juancole.com)
- Keith Olbermann: Fired By MSNBC! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Olbermann Is Gone From MSNBC As Comcast Takes Over NBC (dvorak.org)
- On Keith Olberman: Flamethrower and Talented (themoderatevoice.com)
- MSNBC Fires Keith Olbermann. Where Does He End Up? CNN? ESPN Radio? MLB Network? (thebiglead.com)
- Keith Olbermann: Fired By MSNBC! – The Hollywood Gossip (news.google.com)