Category Archives: Taylor Swift
The Advocate interviewed her because she had a “mini-prom” instead of the whole class prom, which was held in another location. Homosexuals and their supporters/advocates that are outraged by this situation are making their voices heard, and of course thousands of them are misjudging and/or attacking folks that believe different than them. Some turn it (or spin it) towards religion. Most of them use the analogy that here in America homosexuals would be “stoned to death” because of their sexual choices.
Nothing further from the truth. That happens in the Middle East, not here in the United States. Those of us that are respectful and know the basics of the US Constitution know that there is freedom of speech. It diminishes them to lash out in such a way to other folks that do not believe in their way of life, even if they don’t care or totally dislike it.
From a poster at HotAir:
<div class="comment byuser comment-author-jp1986um odd alt thread-odd
thread-alt depth-1″ id=”comment-3443556″> What I’ve learned by reading this thread on HA:
1. Its ok to discriminate against gay and lesbian people as a conservative because they choose their sexuality. This choice is usually on Wednesdays between 8am and 11am.
2. straight people only have sex with their wives for procreation, which means that Hawthorne/Redneck have never stuck his dick into any other female or had sex in a position other than missionary position.
3. No straight men have ever had anal sex with their wives.. Ever. It just doesn’t happen. And no straight guys ever watch porn because that violates some rule I forget where, but it does.
4. Only straight people ever go to heaven. Ever. Like only Baptists go to heaven ever. So only straight baptists who ever had one sexual partner ever, missionary position and only for procreation ever make it. I think that covers that one.
5. If you never went to your prom, you must be gay or something. OK not sure on that one, gotta review all 9 pages again.
6. Married men who come out late in life decided to turn gay because they obviously weren’t going to be good parents any longer and they woke up on a Wednesday and decided to turn gay. Never mind them probably hiding for a lifetime or something because of fear or being beaten up in a locker room when they were in HS. I mean, no one on HA would ever beat up a gay person simply because they didn’t have sex in the missionary position only for procreation purposes mind you! Would they? Redneck?
Some of this crap isn’t even a conservative value. Its religious value transformed into some pseudo-mantra repeated over and over. Some of you hurl stones, while ignoring the fact that its YOU who should be worried about your own self. Granted this dumb ditzy chick brought all this on herself, but this thread strayed from that a long time ago. It became a religious bashing of anyone who wasn’t EXACTLY like you. And you wonder why we lost elections? Why people got turned off by YOU? what a f*cking joke.
Limited govt interference.
Limited govt involvement.
More Personal freedoms.
More personal Liberties.
Greater personal responsibilities.
I see nothing in those basic tenents which shout that gay and lesbians are to be excluded and stoned to frickin death because you think you have all the damned answers.
Nice way to elevate yourself to God’s. I want no part of that.
<div class="comment byuser comment-author-proudpalinfan even thread-even
depth-1″ id=”comment-3443602″> 1) I cringe all the time when it will be my kids’ turn to become “popular” or not. Taylor Swift is the best example of a girl teased, shunned and cried home to her mom because of her loneliness, being shunned, and goals that nowadays she has accomplished and overcome with grace and happiness. I love her for that, and her talent.
Taylor Swift has made it known over and over again how sad she felt as a teen, especially the day where she phoned her “friends” to go to the mall with her. Because they answered that were “busy”, she went to the mall with her mom and they spotted all of them at one store. Taylor got incredibly hurt, cried and Mama Swift was sooo ticked off that her mom drove one hour to go to the best mall in PA, to make her feel better and shake those thoughts off.
BUT on this particular situation, I support the parents and their kids. I never went to a prom or had a prom, class was way too small for that. My oldest sis missed it b/c of early college situation, had to skip it and she wishes she’d gone, thinks about it to this day and she’s 50.
I think that this is some sort of “rite of passage” where Mr. PPF gave me some hints about it and it scared me quite a bit. Teens have enough pressure themselves as soon as they hit their ages all thru senior year, let alone that special evening.
I hope I can survive it with my two kids. I wish all parties involved the best, sincerely. IMHO she made a mistake of taking it to such a high level and involve the SEIU and other pro-gay organizations, just so she could have her way. She knew what she was getting into, and there are her consequences. Now for the rest of her life she will remember this evening and I betcha years later from now, she’ll wish she would have handled it differently.
2)You forgot the suicide part./s Hey, there’s one in almost every family, and each family handles it in different ways. It is not up to me to “cast stones” to them, because we live in America precisely, not in the Middle East. They’d be dead by now.
There are one or more posters here on HA that have come out, and we love them. At least I do. Notice in my previous post I did NOT brought out the religion factor. I respect every religion on my opinion of religious “development” and beliefs. With that I mean how content, satisfied and fulfilled in the religion everyone practices, as long as all of them look up to God, and Jesus at least.
Because I am Catholic I have my own views but when I pray, but I don’t pray for homosexuals for conversion. I don’t obsess over that. I pray for those who need it the most, especially PRIESTS AND RELIGIOUS since I am so sure that’d be your rebuttal to me.
To continue and excel at leading their fellowship towards God, Jesus, etc. priests and religious need special strength and spiritual core BECAUSE OF THE CHOICE THEY MADE, therefore I pray for them. Leave it up to God to Judgment Day to deal with homosexuals. The evil one is the one you have to focus to, not to us.
So with all due respect, I read your opinion on this based on the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. Your opinion matters, too. If for whatever reason your feelings are so strong because of comments on this thread, I suggest to move on to another political thread that will suit you better.
I believe that this situation is better handled with grace and class, so they see for themselves our point of view, at least most of us. I stand by my statements, and don’t take anything back. Of course I welcome your opinions, so let’s hear them out!