Obama Still Spreads Confusion With Speech On Libya
When I was ill and I felt weak, with headaches and post-seizure “hang-over” I decided to stimulate the brain with my usual politics TV shows and blogs to stay informed on our Libya war that is not war.
A day or so after feeling clearer, I was frustrated because I felt my brain was still not “there.” Turns out it was NOT my fault, it was Obama‘s.
Here he is, leaving Americans more puzzled than ever:
Per HotAir readers, he is seriously risking impeachment (Note: he can be impeached on many other reasons) because he sent men and women to Libya without Congress‘ debate and authorization and his delegation of powers to others.
The most important issue that he failed to focus upon was the alleged UN Mandate that calls for our Troops to be commanded by foreign beings.
The UN Mandate upon which they acted was a defacto deployment of our Troops in any nation at which there might be a perceived “Humanitarian Mission”
In other words, and to simplify, if this entire debacle is not immediately declared unconstitutional it will only open up our troops to become a part of the Bleu Helmets of the UN. And, yes, I spelled Bleu correctly.
Either Boehner calls for impeachment, or there’s going to be a whole lotta s**t going on from this point forward.
This man does not have the power to relegate our troops.
And as I sit, I am hearing flyovers and launches. Several.
Another post, same thread:
It is not about a lackluster speech.
This entire mission was a test case by the UN under Obama.
If Obama, through the UN can deploy our Military under any UN Mandate, and if this sh** is allowed to stick then we have a serious problem. This was his original mission.
The UN cannot be allowed to deploy, control, direct, define, mandate anything regarding any branch of the United States Military.
Obama just tried; it appears that he might suceed through the Libya mission. It is why he intentionally neglected the US Congress.
The results of his success will be disastrous.
It will be an interesting couple of weeks to see if the Republicans (and some Democrats) have the cojones to call him on it. American lives are on the line and we must not dither in our efforts to bring them back.
- Obama Faces Skepticism on Libya (businessweek.com)
- “Obama’s Libya speech: Libya is no Iraq” and related posts (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Obama to defend Libya policy in speech (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- What Should Obama’s Top Goal Be For Tonight’s Libya Speech? (usnews.com)
- Libya: Coalition Is Overstepping Its U.N. Mandate (npr.org)
- Obama calls Libya action successful (philly.com)
- Ron Paul On Possible Obama Impeachment Over Libya (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The White House on Libya: It’s Complicated (alternet.org)
- Obama on Libya (tripolitrip.wordpress.com)
- Reactions from President Obama’s speech (thewesternexperience.com)