Daily Archives: January 2, 2011
From The Daily Mail, which oftentimes do their job right.
The 10-vehicle convoy drove the president and wife Michelle from his rental property in Kailua, across highways cleared of traffic and through a military community to reach Bobby Titcomb’s beachfront house.
Mr Obama, who spent eight years at Punahou School in Hawaii before graduating in 1979, has splashed out $1.5m on his trip – a decision that will not endear him to the millions of Americans facing economic hardship in the New Year.
Commenters are defending Obama, wishing him a Happy New Year, leave him alone-just like Britney-and don’t mind the more than $1,000,000 that this convoy costs us the taxpayers.
So he went through all that hassle to see a friend. Why wasn’t the friend brought over for a visit where he was staying? What this necessary?
According to the Hawaii Reporter, the bill for the trip included:
- $63,000 on an early flight bringing Mrs Obama and the children to Hawaii ahead of the president.
- $1,000,000 on Mr Obama’s return trip from Washington on Air Force One.
- $38,000 for the ‘Winter White House’ the president has rented for his family on the beach.
- $16,000 to rent beachfront homes for Secret Service and Navy Seals.
- $134,000 for 24 White House staff to stay at the Moana Hotel.
- $251,000 in police overtime.
- $10,000 for an ambulance to be on hand at all times
There’s his personal responsibility right then and there.
This is great. It’s hard sometimes to scramble when we’re busy with family and friends. Fellow bloggers, please read!